Beamond End is a small hamlet linked by footpaths across farmland. In the middle of the hamlet is a sizeable freshwater pond fronting the lane. Its presence was clearly marked on a map of the Manor of Beamond End in 1740. It probably originated as a farm pond and is similar to the "dew pond" six of which used to be in Holmer Green. In 1854 the Little Missenden Enclosure Award set out the pond as a public pond and animals could be watered there.
The name ‘Beamond’ is derived from the old French ‘Beau mont’ meaning ‘beautiful hill’.
More information on Beamond End can be found on the Chiltern District Council website http://www.chiltern.gov.uk/article/2666/Beamond-End